This extension adds a booking system to WordPress, allowing customers to book and pay for appointments, meetings, consultations and other scheduled events, services or resources that need to be scheduled by date and time, against a payment.
Site administrators are provided with a powerful interface that provides complete control over dates and prices for bookings. Once configured, customers are presented with an attractive and intuitive calendar interface that shows all available time slots. To book a date and time, customers simply need to choose the date on the calendar and then proceed with the purchase.
All bookings are presented within the WordPress dashboard both in a list and in a Calendar view, giving the site administrator easy access at a glance to all the incoming bookings and payments.
How can I use it?
Are you particularly skilled in something? Why not offer consultation services via face-to-face meetings or video calls? EDD Bookings allows you to set up your available times around your normal work schedule, even if it's just a 10-minute consultation.
Whatever kind of therapist you are, whether it's a physiotherapist, a hypnotherapist, a psychologist, or even a psychiatrist, you can use EDD Bookings to offer your services to a wider audience. Allow your patients to choose their preferred days and times to make sure they get the service they need, exactly when they need it.
A great tool if you're a doctor working in the private sector. You can offer appointments for your private clinic on the days and times of your choice. Your patients can easily select the available appointments in real-time, without the risk of double-bookings.
All photographers should have a booking tool on their website. You can set the days and times that you are available, even allowing customers to book longer hours depending on their events. Simple morning event? They can book your services for 2 hours. Elaborate wedding? They can book your services for the full day!
Looking to start your own business offering your services as a beautician? Use EDD Bookings so your customers can book their appointments online. Whether you've set up your own shop or do house visits, you can set your desired schedule for each day.
Renting out your sports venue, be it a tennis court or a football pitch, should be as easy as possible. With EDD Bookings any interested players can head to your site, see what times and pitches are available, and book what they need. No need for the hassle of handling multiple phone calls and emails, do it all through your website.
Version 2.2 of EDD Bookings has introduced new features and a number of enhancements and bug fixes.
We have introduced the ability to create and edit bookings from your WordPress site's dashboard. This gives you the power of creating bookings manually. It's the perfect tool for when you can take bookings both online and in person, say at your business' reception desk.
We also added an availability preview when creating or editing bookable Downloads. This appears the moment you enable bookings and gives you a live preview of what the booking calendar will look like to your website's visitors
Apart from these, we've also worked on a few enhancements as well as bug fixes. The next step for EDD Bookings is a major update that will improve the plugin's architecture and allow for bigger features, so stay tuned for that update come early 2017!
Version 2.2, December 14, 2016
- New: Added the ability to create and edit bookings from WP Admin.
- New: Added an availability preview when creating or editing bookable Downloads.
- Improved: The checkout error message is now customizable through an admin option.
- Improved: Booking end times are now more user friendly.
- Fixed: Time rules for days of the week were generating incorrect times for certain timezones.
- Fixed: The front-end calendar was not being shown when using the
- Fixed: The availability builder was not clickable on Firefox.
- Fixed: Booking data was not being saved for Downloads with bookings disabled.
- Fixed: Autoloader not found when plugin is used in a Composer-managed WordPress installation.
Version 2.1.3, November 8, 2016
- Improved client-side script logic and performance.
- Improved compatability with other EDD extensions that add items to the cart.
- Improved checkout - bookable downloads' sessions can be edited before checkout.
- Improved checkout - a message is shown for items in the cart without a booked session.
- Improved some translation strings.
- Improved translations for client-side scripts.
- Fixed a bug that caused the first available day to be offset with the session length.
- Fixed a bug that caused Downloads to have incomplete meta data default values.
Version 2.1.2, October 10, 2016
- Added a global option for FES that controls the default single-page display of bookable Downloads.
- Fixed a bug that caused the FES field to disallow submission when set to "required".
- Fixed strings and text domain problems in source code for translation purposes.
- Fixed error when activating EDD Bookings when EDD is deactivated.
- Fixed JS error when frontend calendar fails to retrieve information from the server.
- Fixed corrupted Download meta data when exporting/importing from the WordPress importer.
Version 2.1.1, September 21, 2016
- Fixed prices for bookable downloads
- Fixed error on Submissions Form on linux/unix systems
- Fixed the availability builder on the FES submissions page when the FES CSS option was disabled
- Fixed a bug where the calendars would not appear on the site when Yoast SEO was installed
- Fixed various visual problems with the calendars on most themes
- Fixed broken image link in the "What's New?" page
Version 2.1.0, August 23, 2016
- Added Frontend Submissions integration
Version 2.0.0, June 22, 2016
- The plugin is now powered by a new bookings library under the hood.
- Improved the frontend calendar, fixing various bugs and performance issues.
- Reworked the admin interface, making it simpler and cleaner.
- Added the new Admin Calendar in the admin interface for easier booking management.
- Improved handling of timezone difference between your site and your customers.
Version 1.0.3, February 15, 2016
- Improved theme compatibility.
Version 1.0.2, February 3, 2016
- Added support for server and local timezones
- Added booking information to the purchase confirmation receipt
- Fixed a bug where certain booked sessions where not removed from the availability
- Fixed bug where viewing a Bookings page created a revision for that booking
- Fixed a bug where an availability with only time or time-group ranges did not auto generate day ranges
- Fixed various script and style bugs when viewing bookable downloads in pages that contain multiple bookable downloads
- Fixed a bug where error messages where being displayed on the front-end by default
Version 1.0.1, December 21, 2015
- Fixed prices being set to zero when extension is active.
- Fixed bug where orders cannot be updated.
- Fixed bug where downloads with Custom Ranges sometimes could not be saved.
Version 1.0, December 14, 2015
- Initial release
EDD Bookings is under constant development, so you can expect a number of big improvements and integrations coming your way very soon. Some of these new features and integrations can be seen below, in no particular order.
Cancelling bookings, approving and confirming bookings, reporting of bookings and emailing to clients are all planned for future versions. Our aim is to make your WordPress Dashboard feel and function like a booking system.
Google and iCal Sync
One and/or two-way integration with Google Calendar and iCal is being researched for possible inclusion in EDD Bookings. If implemented, users would be able to have their booked periods submitted to their calendar provider. possibly with additional data such as the bookable download's name, price and payment status.
Allow more than 1 booking to be purchased for a specific date and time. This feature will be most useful for class-type services that provide a service to a group of people, rather than just a single person.
Admin Search Filtering
The ability to filter your search in the back-end, as the admin, based on particular Bookable Downloads, days and customers. This will make your search easier and quicker, allowing you to find exactly what you need.
Max Bookings Per Day
This feature will allow you to set a maximum number of bookings that can be made for each day. Let's say you have 10 free time slots, but due to other commitments, you can only fill up to 3 per day. Max Bookings per day will be set to 3, and will allow you to do that with ease. Once the max is reached, the rest of the slots become unavailable.
Datepicker Selection Limit
Limit what the user can select on the frontend date-picker. Say you want to set up a bookable service that lasts one week, from Monday to Sunday. This feature will limit customers to choose only Mondays as a starting date.
This feature will allow you to set different prices for multiple ticket types. A good use-case of this feature would be offering different prices for children, adults and seniors, but it can be applied in many other ways.
Got any more ideas?
Let us know below!
We love customer feedback, so feel free to send us a message through the contact form below. We'll get back to you to discuss the idea further and develop it into a possible new feature.